October, 2011


Hermosa PTA Meeting Minutes October 4, 2011 Start: 6:30 p.m. end 7:52 p.m.
“LIKE” us on FACEBOOK – Hermosa PTA (open group)

Attendance (13): Melissa Corr, Dee Preston (Ladies Aux), Deb Smith, Rhonda Pearcy, Becky Piper, Karen Hammer, Judy Hansen, Becky Lowe, Jeanne Repas, Sarah Baker, Amy Stiffler, Nancy Hanka, Paula Jensen

Secretary Report (Amy) from Sept 6 mtg: Motion to approve Becky Lowe, 2nd Melissa Corr
Treasurer Report (Jeanne): Report of Expenses/Income Balance to date = $9724.18
Since July 1 deposits are 875.95 and expenses are 2452.54 (itemized in report that was handed out)
Budget for 2011-2012 School Year = $22,209. Motion to approve Mrs. Smith, 2nd Sarah Baker.

New Electronic Digital School Sign – Estimated at $8000 and school will not match PTA funds

Fall Festival (Halloween Carnival) – Ladies Auxiliary (Dee Preston) wants to sponsor the carnival on October 29 to raise funds for the Legion Building; .10 per ticket with free will donation at the door. Want to use PTA concession stand and offer food (hot dogs, chips and drink) hours 5-9pm with a magician at 7 pm; costume contest at 6pm with Lintz pizza certificates. They are looking for any baked good donations for the cake walk.

Middle School Dance – October 27 from 7-10 pm

Fund Raisers Discussed –
  • Music Fund Raiser – Judy scheduled November 7for the Schwan Foods fundraiser.
  • Basketball Fund Raiser – hold a tournament to raise money for four basketball assistants (little girl, big girl, little boy, big boy)
  • Sell Pies and other food - $12-$15 each and PTA keeps $5 per pie; also Butter Braids at $10 each; decided to wait until spring to do this

Concession Stand – still short on help for volleyball and girls basketball is quickly approaching; discussed Kari Lund taking over; ask Steph Ornales about Coke delivery;
  • Discussed that parents have asked why no food allowed in gym – Concessions bring in a lot of money and maybe we could earn more. Maybe players or parent volunteers could clean after each game (Becky and Melissa will discuss again with Chip)

Girls VB and BB Uniform Replacement – Michelle called Custer to see what they ordered for volleyball recently ($700 for 40 uniforms -will be ordered through Custer); Melissa made motion and Becky 2nd to approve this; PTA budget says $1500 set aside for uniforms; Becky will look for new girls basketball uniforms as well since we are under budget; old (new in 2010) could be sold

Spirit Wear (Hermosa School Apparel) – Order with a flyer that will be sent home. We may check locally for vendor.

Memorial Item for Trevor – Mrs. Smith’s 4th grade class had mentioned they would like to have books donated to Trevor’s name. Melissa will check into possibly the books earned from the Book Fair being given in his name. Want to order 2 picnic tables instead of a bench now; student council could fund and implement this project

Rembrandt Art Class (Chip) Still hope to start classes this fall

Membership Update: 25 members now registered (31 last year); 9 that did not renew membership from last year


NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1; 6:30-7:30 PM at Concession Stand
Free day care will be provided.
Contributions to http://hermosaschool.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License. Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2018 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world